Our client is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries. With programs that assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. Our clients re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on health, vulnerable children, agriculture, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Imo, Anambra.
- The Operations Manager’s primary function is to provide leadership and oversight
- The Operations Manager ensures that the program is supported to effectively meet articulated needs, manage risk, and increase efficiency.
- The Operations Manager ensures that all offices have corresponding systems in place and that applicable policies are consistently applied.
- The Operations Manager leads and oversees activities to strengthen the capacities of partners in these same functions.
- Incorporate Operations issues into the program’s strategic planning process. Assess and advocate for needed investments in operations capacity.
- Attend relevant partner, sector coordination, and representational meetings as required. Network with equivalent staff in colleague organizations.
- Work with the Directors to improve operations capacity, including systems and staffing.
- Oversee operations functions in zonal offices, by liaising with the zonal team leads and conducting regular visits to these offices.
Functional Management to Increase Effectiveness
- Supervise the HR Officer in strategic management of human resources, including talent mapping, succession planning and career development. Communicate program priorities and guide him/her to ensure alignment of efforts.
- Ensure that the program is adequately staffed to meet the needs of the Agency per the direction of the Program Director. Ensure that recruitments are conducted as per policy.
- Ensure implementation and continuation of performance management and staff development system.
- Ensure the creation of an environment of care and comfort for all staff.
- Ensure the integrity (accuracy, security) of information from HR information systems (e.g. NED).
Information and Communication Technology:
- Supervise the IT Officer in the strategic management of ICT resources. Communicate program priorities and guide him/her to ensure alignment of efforts.
- Apply ICT-enabled change management principles and act as a sponsor for and supporter of change agents. Promote adoption of standardized systems by all GF staff.
- Support the program’s engagement in ICT4D and other location-specific development projects, ensure the application of GKIM policies, and project management and ICT system planning and implementation principles.
- Ensure the application of ICT system operation, maintenance, and support principles. Ensure adherence to GKIM standards and protocols related to IT systems. Support management of service requests by facilitating integration with the Global Help Desk.
- Ensure the application of unique principles of managing ICT vendors.
- Supervise the Senior Procurement Officer in the strategic acquisition and management of material resources. Communicate program priorities and guide him/her to ensure alignment of efforts.
- Ensure efficiency and compliance in local and international procurement.
- Ensure proper stewardship of resources, and the optimal utilization and maintenance of program assets and resources including proper inventory controls (includes oversight of inventory receiving and shipping as well as warehouse, fleet and asset management and the disposition of assets (i.e. ICT equipment and Vehicle Acquisition and Disposition Plans).
- Ensure high quality reporting that allows for proper tracing and tracking of inventory and assets. Ensure that in-kind transactions are reflected appropriately in financial statements
- Ensure integrity (accuracy, security) of procurement and supply chain management (SCM) information systems.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Head of Operations Competencies
- Promotes Stewardship of Resources
- Ensures Principled compliance
- Proactively Manages Risk
- Leads Operational Improvements
Supervisory: Human Resources Officer, IT Officer, Senior Procurement Officer, Senior Administration Officer.
- Diploma/B.sc in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, or other relevant field.
- Minimum two years of work experience in a management of non-profit, development, and/or humanitarian organization.
- Knowledge of procurement and general office administration/management issues.
- Ability to work in a complex environment and to lead and work with a multi-cultural team.
- Computer literate in MS Office, internet, email.
- Strong communications and analytical abilities.
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly and at short notices
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates should forward applications(Cv/Resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position being applied for as title of the mail.