Our client is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries. With programs that assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. Our clients re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on health, vulnerable children, agriculture, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Job Title: Finance Officers - 2 positions
Location: Imo, Anambra
i.) Financial Management:
- Assist Finance Specialists (FS) in budget review and quarterly cash forecasting
- Assist in the reporting sub-agreement commitments.
- Assist in reviewing and processing the issuance of project advances in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assist in ensuring Project Holder advances are liquidated on timely manner and they are within allotted liquidation timeframe
ii.) Compliance Management:
- Assist in verifying sub-recipients’ financial reports and associated support documentations and recommend for liquidation and/or reimbursement
- Report any fraudulent activities, observed as part of the review to the Unit Head immediately.
- Assist in ensuring sub-recipients advances are liquidated on timely manner and they are within allotted liquidation timeframe as per CRS policy.
- Assist the FSs in preparing the sub-recipients Aging Report for program and management review on monthly basis.
- Assist in providing onsite training to sub-recipient’s finance staff when required.
- Travel to the field, to visit sub-recipients when required.
- Assist in ensuring that project’s files both in hard and electronic copies are up to date.
iii.) Sub-recipients’ financial assessment, monitoring and financial support:
- Assist in the assessments of all sub-recipients using HQ Finance’s checklists to have a stratification of the sub-recipients for Country Program.
- Assist the sub-recipients in preparing a Corrective Action Plan within sixty calendar days of the assessment or monitoring visit that addresses each of the identified weaknesses in any of the ten assessed areas scored below 75%.
- Assist Program Managers in making sure that the sub recipients address all issues listed in the Corrective Acton Plan within 120 calendar days of the assessment or monitoring visit.
- Ensure sub-recipients have in place and adheres to a schedule of planned monitoring visits of sub-recipients during each year. The basis for the selection, timing and frequency of its monitoring visits should be properly documented.
- Ensure all monitors prepare and submit a written trip report for each visit to a sub-recipient.
iv.) Administrative support:
- Perform any other administrative support to the general team as required.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience, preferably with an international organization.
- Must be a matured, motivated, problem solving individual with high levels of initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong internal relationship management and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software - MS Office (PowerPoint and Excel especially).
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates should forward applications(Cv/Resume) to email@example.com with the position being applied for as title of the mail.